Sunday 21 September 2008

Basking in the Sun


Basking in the sun.....today I started emptying out my bear drawers, and came across some little bears that I made a few years ago just before I started quilting. It's a shame to keep them boxed up so my daughter took them out in the garden for a photo shoot in order to find them new homes.
I remember when I first started making bears - a friend told me that bear makers always end up making bears that look like themselves, their spouses or their pets! I remember looking at some bears of people I knew and seeing a resemblance....and then staring at my own ...and not being able to see anything....but a bear. Until today that is. This little bear, ginger fluff, has a strong resemblance to my over indulged and over dramatic cat, who was no doubt looking at me forlornly whilst I was trying to make ginger fluff's face.
I ended up boxing my bears away because my cat took a liking to biting my bears faces and trying to chew off their stitched noses.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute bear shot - I love it. I can tell teddy enjoys the day out in the sun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Easter! Come and celebrate with us on the auspicious Occasion of Easter .Send

    these Happy Easter Greeting Cards to your friends and relatives and wishthem all

    delightful and wonderful Easter . Send Free Online Invitation and Greeting Cards to

    your friends & loved ones. ALL cards are absolutely. FREE!!!
    Happy Easter

    Ester

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...