Tuesday 6 January 2015

Marsala: the Pantone Colour of 2015

What do you think about Marsala as a colour?
It's the Pantone Colour of the year for 2015. Back in November, I decided that whatever the Pantone yearly colour was, I would use it in my next quilt.But that's not going to happen. My next quilt, released on the 15th will be Oma's Blues which is inspired on the theme of a blue based quilt. Still, I am thinking of ways to use this hue.

Personally I love the shot of it in the banner above as it looks slightly metallic and full of life. In fabric however, I think it might look too muddy or muted. I'm really not sure. Below are the recommended marsala colour pairings.

I think number 5 is my favourite as I am often drawn to warm, woodsy, autumnal tones. Instantly when I see these colours, all I can think about is a quilt full of leaves. Whether or not I want to spend time on such a simple design, I'm not really sure. 
This might be one 2015 resolution I'll put on the back burner for now. 
You can see these images and learn more about the colour selection process over on the Pantone site by clicking here now. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this color and I agree that #5 speaks to me as well. Possibilities are swirling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like colour pairing 5. The persimmon really warms up the muddy greens. I don't think I would like a quilt made predominantly of Marsala but little pops of it would add some depth and richness!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...