Wednesday 25 May 2016

WOW: Oma's Blues Beauty!

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I think time is speeding by at the best of times, but in the last month, I haven't had a real sense of time at all, so I'm more than a little surprised to realize it's now Wednesday again. I'm doing exactly what I was this time last week -playing with my pattern folios, playing with fabric and colour. So this week I thought I would share someone else's WIP. This is the centre block from my BOM Oma's Blues - isn't it incredible? I made my own in Delft inspired blues but several members over in my Oma's Blues Group are going for colour..and the results are stunning. Just like this block. I'm in love with these hues, they're gorgeous. And of course, I love seeing my quilts made every which way and in all different colours.

This beauty is being created by Giuseppina Alaimo who has kindly allowed me to show off her block here on my blog. Beautiful!!

My quilt Oma's Blues is currently being offered for free over in my Oma's Blues Group, so if you'd like to make this BOM for free, you can! All past blocks are available and the BOM will be free until it's finished in November this year.

What's Your WOW?


11 comments:

  1. I think your Oma's Blues in blue is stunning but this is beautiful too. Thank you Giuseppina for sharing this beauty with us. Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Esther, Giuseppina's centre looks so lovely enlarged here, it is truly a beautiful design of yours, and looks so beautiful in different colours, all though my heart still loves it the most in blue! Thank you for taking the time to blog so we can all share here. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. desde luego que es precioso,es una maravilla en colores me encanta ,esther sacas de las personas lo mejor nos linpias el alma muchas muchas gracias de corazon

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece! Well done, Giuseppina, and thank you Esther for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a block with a lot of "wow" factor. I've not yet learned to like doing applique, but I do admire those who do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grazie Esther per avermi dato l'occasione di condividere questo tuo meraviglioso disegno.
    sono onorata di partecipare al progetto e di ricevere tutti questi piacevoli commenti, felice di conoscere nuove tecniche e soprattutto d'esservi amica ... grazie atutte e grazie per il super lavoro sul Blog... grazie Esther e grazie Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giuseppina made something beautiful of your block! Must be an inspiring group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giuseppina's interpretation is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...