Monday 5 September 2016

'Stash Busting Stars' Quilt Pattern is Launched!

WOW! It's finally here and I'm head over heels in love with it. Okay, yes I have been making my own Stash Busting Star Blocks since October last year - but I hadn't definitely decided on how I would arrange the quilt top. I wasn't worried because I knew it would be gorgeous- the fabrics are all stunning and the star just lets those beauties shimmer without overpowering each other. What's not to love?!

Each block is a perfect mini project for those times when you've got some new fabrics you want to play with or some old fabrics you want to use up to show off. So far, I have 9 created and have no plans on stopping. I might even keep going until my stash is eaten up! I like the idea of making 3 or 4 of these in different tones and why not? Patchwork star quilts never date and look so incredible!

What do I love more? The fact that each star needs only 4 fabrics? Or the fact that this is a pattern I can play with on and off throughout the year? I've made several in front of the TV in the evenings by hand stitching prepared pieces together and other times I've just taken out a hour or two in the afternoon when I wanted to make something - without starting something new. I really love this pattern! So, will you decide on a complete patchwork quilt of various background scraps, or opt for a red background like I'm thinking of? Or perhaps a light background takes your fancy? 

However you decide to make it, one thing's for sure - it's going to be a stunner!

3 comments:

  1. Esther-this is a great pattern. i like it that you have used unusual shapes for some of your pieces. Hexie's are perfect for displaying features of fabrics like straight lines or groupings of tiny flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Is the pattern available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting you because I fell in love with Quilting with the Dread Pirate Rodgers! stars! I'm so glad I did! I echo Michele's question - is the pattern available? Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...